Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Small Things In Life


Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but as is the case with any job, regardless of how much you love it, things don't always go your way. Today was one of those days where things just didn't seem to click and as a result, a LONG Wednesday it was.

However, that changed quickly.

While finishing up some things late at work, I noticed footsteps approach my office. I turned around, fully expecting my boss, but instead I found my little girl standing in the doorway, asking for candy. Andrea and Jade went out for a walk to town and Jade decided to walk into Daddy's office right off the street.

I was instantly in a better mood, just like that.

Then, when I got home, I hopped on my computer to catch up on some of the blogs I follow. As I click on Brad Ruggle's blog through my RSS reader, I noticed my mug on his blog! As it turns out, I was his 100th subscriber and, as a gift, he sent me a $10 iTunes gift card. How cool is that? The weird thing is I don't know Brad at all. I came across his blog through my old youth pastor's blog - Pat Rolwand. Brad is into media arts, so I've enjoyed following his blog. Check it out at http://www.bradruggles.com/

The best part about all of this is that these are, in the grand scheme of things, two very small parts of an otherwise very full day. Still, they were able to turn my "bad day" into a more enjoyable one. I love that about life.

I'm slowly learning it's the small things in life that make all the difference.

2 comments:

Brad Ruggles said...

I'm so glad I could be a little ray of sunshine in your otherwise cloudy day. :-)

I hope you enjoyed the iTunes credit. What did you get? I hope the Hansen thing was a joke.

Brad

CJ Mills said...

"What did you get? I hope the Hansen thing was a joke."

I haven't decided yet - this is an important decision, it must think through it.

And yeas, the Hansen thing was a joke....sorta....